Friday, November 4, 2011

The Royal Ontario Art Museum!




Now and then I like to take a little walk around any sort of art gallery I can find to get some inspiration. While I was in University in London I was able to catch a few, for example the Tate Modern was my favourite. If you're in London I definitely think this gallery is a must see http://www.tate.org.uk/. Since moving to Toronto I wasn't familiar with any of the galleries, but I was lucky enough to have The Art Gallery of Ontario right next to my university. The exhibition they have on now is called The General Idea which was created by 3 Canadian artists.

This week someone recommended me to go to another art gallery which is famous in the city called The Royal Ontario Art Museum and it was a great recommendation. As soon as I walked in it was like I stepped into another time. They had artifacts and art works from Ancient Egypt, to Ancient Rome and even touched on the history of Buddhist art which I seem to have a liking for. It felt great to know what I was looking at because these are the many times we learned about in Art History. I will be returning for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment